Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Soulcycle

Welcome to Try-Athlete the blog where I try all the latest fitness and diet trends so you don't have to. This week I tried Soulcycle, what is soulcycle? A spin class that brings together inspirational coaching and high-energy music. 
Soulcycle is like no other spin class I've ever been to the lights are super dim and the music is very loud and the instructor has endless energy. 

I had heard about Soulcycle from a friend about six months ago and I wasn't really sure what it was, for Christmas I bought my good friend a class to Soulcycle because she had been dying to try it. She asked me if I wanted to go with her and I was in. We went to Soulcycle in West Hollywood because I had read that was the original studio. The room was smaller than I thought it was going to be and the bikes were very close together and before entering the room I read an article that was framed on the wall that said the room would get so hot it was like a sweatlodge. I wasn't ready for the intensive 45 minute workout ahead of me. At Soulcycle they rent out spin shoes if you don't have your own. They look like cleats and they clip into the pedals. The Soulcycle employees help you set up your bike and get you ready for the class.
 
Our instructor came in and was full of energy, she even said she drank coffee that morning so she had extra energy. She wasn't kidding the first song was super upbeat and intense. We were pedaling very fast and then we were basically doing push-ups with our upper body on the handle bar. She would instruct us "up, down, up, down" and each time we would do a push-up with our arms on the handle bar. By the end of the first song I was already sweating and super hot.

Things just got more intense from then on, I was dripping sweat by the third song. At one point the instructor completely turned the lights off and told us to just focus on ourselves and let all our other thoughts fade away. It was really nice because I was able to focus on being in the moment and not let anything else into my head. I worked very  hard in this class and I was exhausted by the end of it. We worked everything in this class we worked our legs, abs and even during one song we lifted weights and worked our shoulders and arms. I had sweat dripping off my face and body, I was so tired but happy that I did the class.

I would definetly go back to Soulcycle for another class. It was such a great workout and it was fun. It was a really tough workout but I like hard workouts because they make me feel as if I've accomplished something. I would definetly recommend Soulcycle to anyone who likes working out and getting connected with themselves. You will sweat you ass off but it will be worth it. You will feel refreshed and energized after class and want to return the next day. I'm still sore from Soulcycle but I can't wait to go back and do it again! Until next time Try-Athlete's stay strong and stay fit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment