Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Resolutions/Best Fit App

Welcome to Try-Athlete the blog where I try all the latest fitness and diet trends so you don't have to. This week for me was all about New Year's resolutions and this new app: Best Fit. 
New year, new you! Every year I make a couple of resolutions that I try to stick with. I have had a few resutions over the past few years that always include be nicer to people, eat healthier, workout more. I feel like lots of people have the same resolutions and I have been able to follow most of these most of the time. 
So this year, I've decided to have my resolution be an affirmation that I repeat to myself everyday to make it a reality. I'm not sure if you know but I'm an on-camera host and writer. I'm passionate about health and fitness so I write health and fitness blogs for my own blog (Try-Athlete) and for the Daily Hiit blog. I have decided that this year is my year to take my career to another level. I currently have 2 webisode series with an on-line magazine located where I live. But I still have my day job and I would really love to be able to make a living just in hosting and writing. This year my resolution/affirmation is "Make hosting and writing my main source of income." I will keep you posted on how this works out. 

Another thing I wanted to share with you is I recently found this amazing fitness magazine app. It is called Best Fit Uk magazine and it's available in the Newsstand store on your IPhone and on Google Play. 
As a person who is passionate about health and fitness finding BestFit app was I would almost say life changing. I am always looking for more workouts, facts and articles about diet and fitness. BestFit app has it all streamlined in an easy user-friendly way. I have been struggling with staying away from holiday cravings such as boxes of chocolate and bottles of Champagne. After reading the article "Tis the Season to stay in-shape" I learned tips and tricks about what holiday foods to avoid and that a certain bottle of Piper Heidsick (Silver ultra cuvée brut) only has 250 calories! So maybe I can indulge in that second or third glass of bubbly.
This magazine is so easy to navigate through and each article and story is as interesting as the last. I had quite a chuckle reading about "the gymbecile" gym guy, since I have encountered many of them throughout my fitness career. I got my game face on when I tried the "brutal challenge" and they weren't kidding, that workout is not for the faint of heart. The BestFit app is modern and useful it is a one stop shop for all your fitness and diet needs. I seriously can't wait till next issue. Good work UK! 
So until next time stay fit and stay strong with those New Years affirmations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment