Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hiking Runyon Canyon

Welcome to Try-Athlete the blog where I try all the latest fitness and diet trends so you don't have to. This week I hiked, I'm still doing the workout T25 but I switched my day off so I could hike Runyon Canyon.
Runyon Canyon is a State park in Los Angeles, CA located right in Hollywood. It has amazing views and hiking trails. If you're ever in the area you must hike it.

The Good:
This hike has amazing views and vista points you can see the whole city of Los Angeles and it is truly breathe taking. I usually workout alone or with a group of people in a class but no one is taking. I went on this hike with my sister and we had a great time catching up and chatting about everything and anything. It was nice to have her with me and we were outside in the middle of a city working out.

The Bad:
This hike is very popular which isn't necessarily a bad thing but we did have to stop a few times to let people by and that was kind of annoying because I wanted to get my sweat on. As soon as we got to the higher part of the trail there wasn't as many people and that was more peaceful and I enjoyed that.

The Unexpected:
I was surprised when climbing the steepest part of the trail I was out of breathe, unable to talk and had to stop. I consider myself to be in great shape so I'm always shocked when something is working me to the point I need a moment to catch my breath and this was just a hike! But elevation and incline can really do that to anyone.

Recommendation:
I would recommend this hike to anyone! It is a great way to break up your workout week by adding something different and getting a break from your usual gym routine. You are outside and soaking up nature and getting a workout. For a challenge I would run it next time. This hike was definitely a different kind of workout than what I'm used to but I enjoyed the change of pace, so until next time stay fit!






No comments:

Post a Comment