Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ode to Asylum

Beachbody has created one of the most popular workout DVD sets with P90x and Insanity. After completing Insanity and working out to those same videos for about 2 years I decided it was time to try Asylum the next series after Insanity with the same trainer ShaunT.
Asylum intrigued me because it's about training like an athlete. The workouts consist of interval training with moves that professional athletes do. One morning I was sucked into the Asylum infomercial with Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno and I was hooked I called and ordered the series immediately . The basic version is the 30 day program their is a deluxe version but I wanted to start with the 30 day program.
When I received the DVD set in the mail I was so excited, and started immediately. I had been working out here and there but now I was committed to the Asylum 30 day plan. The first couple of days kicked my caboose, I could barely finish certain moves like walking push-ups. I continued day by day even though it as tough and the sweat was dripping off me everyday.
One of the videos is called Speed & Agility an intense cardio interval 50 minute workout harder than any other workout DVD I had done. It quickly become my challenge that I needed to overcome. Throughout the 30 days I got better and better at Speed & Agility and moves called "bear-crawl" and "in&out abs". Gradually I started to get stronger and more toned.
At the end of the 30 days I took my after photos and could see a change and more that that I felt a change inside. My mind was clearer and I felt like I could do anything. I completed this very tough workout out and felt a great sense of accomplishment.
Overall I would recommend Asylum to friends and other fitties because its a great workout that focuses on cardio and strength. Committing to a 30 day workout plan and finishing it makes you feel really good about yourself. Until next time stay fit!



No comments:

Post a Comment