Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Detox your Life

Welcome to Try-Athlete the blog where I try all the latest fitness and diet trends so you don't have to. This week was about detoxing. 

I recently watched the documentary called Food Matters and the film highlighted how important it is to eat organic. It also touched on how you have to get all the bad toxins out of your body first before the good stuff comes in. 
This gave we an idea, I've been wanting to detox for awhile but not just what I eat but what I use in my home to clean and what I use on my body to clean myself too. 



I started this journey because I had chronic stomach aches and everything I ate upset my stomach. Now that I'm eating predominately fruits and vegetables I don't have the stomach aches I used to. I wonder how my body would react with getting rid of all the old toxins into body...probably wonderfully. 
I started transitioning to all natural products, new dishwasher soap is Eco, the laundry detergent is unscented Arm & Hammer baking soda detergent. I just got a new body wash from Trader Joe's it's a organic tea tree body wash. 

I have only been buying organic fruits and vegetables. Ralph's and Trader Joe's are the grocery stores I frequent and they both have good organic selections. Recently our organic produce section grew at Ralph's and I can usually find everything I need there. I started drinking this Peach Detox tea nightly, it supports healthy liver and kidney functions. 
I feel as though with this new detox lifestyle I am being more socially and environmentally responsible, I am only putting toxin free things back into the earth and I feel refreshed and better than I have in a long time.


 
I understand detoxing isn't for everyone but if you can start to transition to natural products you will feel good and you will be helping the environment too. I will continue to detox and cut things out of my life I don't need or are toxic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment